Thursday, June 10, 2010

What else could they do?

I watched a LOT of Ultimate Warrior videos yesterday trying to find just the right one. After watching about 45 minutes worth of a man going crazy on camera, it occurred to me that one of the most beautiful things about professional wrestling is that it gives these people jobs.

Seriously, what would Mr Warrior M Warrior have done if it weren't for wrestling? Could that man have survived in any other arena?

I think not.

The Historian and I have had this conversation frequently in regards to rock music. My personal favorite example is Lemmy Kilmister. I mean, what else could this man have done with his life?
That's what I thought.

Wrestling is fabulous for attracting these sorts of people. Take a look at this guy for example:







I would absolutely call the police if I saw this man outside an elementary school. Or a high school.




But as a wrestler? Well, he sucked actually. That's Snitsky. He did this story line where his character had a foot fetish and basically stalked people's feet. It was weird and strange and gave me the uh-oh feeling.

Point is, where in the world could you see a grown man willingly pretend to do that? It's part of what makes this sport great.

Because really, it takes all types in this world, and there should be a place for all of them.

Professional wrestling: bringing us all together.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if the WWE could get a hold of any stimulus money? I'm sure there is a big economic multiplier effect through public investment into professional wrestling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snitsky! Looks more like Kane's true brother than the Undertaker. They should start a new storyline where they were actually triplets.

    ReplyDelete