Sunday, June 27, 2010

Friday Night Rehash 25Jun10

Hey hey, it's Sunday! Clearly that means I am going to now make up for the fact that on Saturday I didn't review the Thursday night TV show that I watched on Friday. Got that?

Take out this week was brought to you by Chipotle, and even though they don't yet have an online ordering system for my Blackberry, I still love them. Guacamole is proof that God loves me and wants me to be happy.

On with the show:

Quote of the night:
Quotes of the night are a dime a dozen when the Motor City Machine Guns are on commentary. Why aren't these guys on TV more? They had a couple good lines (including a classic sea man double entendre that of course doesn't translate well in to the written word), but my favorite was this one:

"This team (Beer Money) chose their name in homage to the 2001 made for TV movie of the same starring Zach Morris.....IMDB it if you don't believe me."

I'm not ashamed to admit that I was at that moment actually IMDBing it, and I did in fact discover they were telling the truth. Want the synopsis? Of course you do: "Three guys find a space alien in the woods and attempt to sell it to a tabloid TV show, with disastrous results."

This reminds me....Mark-Paul Gosselaar is single now. Who do I have to talk to about a Screech/Zach Morris tag team to face MCMG at the next PPV???? You can't tell me Vince Russo isn't already all over trying to make this happen.

I digress.

Weird sight of the night:
Abyss trying to shove a ring down Hogan's throat. I was suddenly struck by how strange it would be if the Immortal Hulk Hogan died by choking on a ring. I also felt like their should be a special "Don't try this at home" disclaimer after that, for the kiddies.

Alternate weird sight: Madison Rayne trying to be the head mean girl. Not working for me. Still about 10,000 times funnier than "Lay Cool" though. I'm considering filing an FCC complaint with the WWE that expresses my doubt that the team name "Lay Cool" is TV PG. I'm desperately hoping that will get them off the air. I hear they're sensitive about these things these days.


Best moment for non-wrestling fans:
Desmond Wolfe and Kurt Angle are always a good example of wrestling, doesn't matter who you are.

Overall rating for non-wrestling fan friendliness: 7 out of 10
Good wrestling, entertaining commentary, I would definitely have showed this to a non fan and expected some amusement.

Overall rating of the show if you like the show and are a fan already: 7 out of 10
Held my interest, went pretty all things considered.

One point deducted for the fact that I'm still weirded out by how often Shannon Moore tweets about lawn care. In case you're curious, today he's fixing his fence.

Overall rating of the takeout: 9 out of 10
They forgot my sour cream. Dammit, the sour cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment