Sunday, June 20, 2010

I can't believe I missed this.....

I always knew you could teach a pretty good freshman creative writing class using nothing but examples from wrestling, but it wasn't until today that I realized exactly how philosophical wrestling is. Is this not existentialism at it's finest? Is this not an ode to mans constant striving through life, searching for meaning? First, you capture the championship, only to spend all your time defending it? What is the purpose of all this madness? How then shall we live?

If Dostoevsky was around today, he'd be working for Vince McMahon.

2 comments:

  1. Any Warhol was a fan, believing that Big-Time Wrestling was a creative expression of archetypes and American culture.

    Look up Koko Brazil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Koko B Ware or Coco Brazil? Couldn't find the exact spelling, but I think you're talking about the barrier break Coco Brazil. Good lead on the Warhol....I didn't realize he shared my feelings. I'm pondering getting a hold of one of those "20 master character" books and categorizing all the current wrestlers to figure out which types are most popular.

    ReplyDelete