Thursday, July 8, 2010

Think about that and have a nice day....

I've been feeling a bit like a badass on the train lately.

This summer's been sweltering and thanks to a rogue platelet donation accident I have an absolutely enormous and disturbingly colored bruise on my arm that I have just given up trying to hide. I also have had a break from class and have been catching up on a few wrestling books in an attempt to get a little more edjumacated about this crazy world of sports entertainment. Between the enormous heroine addict bruise and the weird book covers, I've been getting a lot of weird looks.

Strange looks aside however, I really think a wrestler's autobiography is the single best type of book to have on a train ride home from a long day at work. Take yesterday for example: I left for work at 7 am. I got home from work at 9pm. For those 14 hours, I dealt with politics, rivalries, jealousy, pettiness and waaaaaaaaay too many budgetary issues. I was stressed, I was exhausted. After 5 minutes of reading "The Death of WCW" though, my stress was gone and all I could think was "thank God I know that I will never ever go in to work worried that I'm going to break my neck, my foot, sever an artery, or herniate a disc".

They should pass these books out in business school.

No comments:

Post a Comment