Monday, May 31, 2010

Instant (Dude) Love for all Mankind

Mick Foley is my favorite wrestler of all time. From the bloody hardcore matches to the multiple personalities (Dude Love, Cactus Jack and Mankind for my brother) to clever references and the slight conviction that he's either 100% normal or legitimately insane, Mick Foley is a legend.

Mick is the Kevin Smith of the wrestling world, the Jon Stewart of the squared circle. He's like a cross between Mercutio and that scene where Buffalo Bill dances around in the skin coat: the most entertaining insanity you'll ever see.

For every stupid "JBL is poopy" moment that occurs, Mick is right there, inventing entrance music for people, throwing the Rock a party to make up for it. It is from him I take my name, and I will always look forward to seeing him.

No comments:

Post a Comment